Did you know? If your home was built before 1972, you should have an electrician check out your wiring in your home in Highland Village, Argyle, Lewisville, TX.
Homes built with aluminum wiring are 55 times more likely than those with copper wiring to go up in smoke, and odds of a fire increase every year.
By the time you see smoke coming out of your outlet, a fire has most likely already begun and is probably spreading within your walls and up to your attic. You may think for turning off the power to a burning socket that you’ve taken care of the problem. But an unseen fire may already be building beyond the outlet. Electrical fire can happened on places that you can’t see.
Even worse, electrical fires can be really tricky to put out. Since they involve electricity, using water to put out the fire can cause electrocution. Chemical powders can cause the fire to smolder then reignite.If you notice an electrical fire, you should turn off your power (if it’s safe) and leave your house. Then call 911 to report the fire.
To prevent all of this to happened, please call Charlie Brown Electric in Highland Village, TX. Our expert electrician will check out if your house have an aluminum wiring for a potential fire hazard.